Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Another Tuesday Trigger

This week's Moxie Fab trigger is a "study in blue".


This trigger really had me stumped!  I've thought about it since it was posted yesterday and then decided that what really stuck out for me was the juxtaposition of the bold blue color with the rawness of the old hardwood floor.  The blue seems so refined but the floor seems so rough.

My dad's birthday is coming up and, as a fan of Ford trucks and the owner of a blue Ford truck, I thought I'd use this trigger as the inspiration for his birthday card.  Yeah.  I'm probably the only person who'd use a picture with high heels, a purse, and bracelets to inspire a manly man's birthday card.  Let's just not tell Dad, okay?


So here's my card:


I used Early Espresso as my base and then dragged Early Espresso ink across a piece of Crumb Cake to mimic the grain of the hardwood floor.  I used the truck stamp from "Homegrown" and shaded it blue with my Copics (I am by no means a Copic coloring expert!).  I think it's a pretty close match to the traditional Ford blue. 


The most special part of this card is the little oval Ford emblem on the tailgate of the truck.  I knew when I bought this set that this old truck was the perfect match to my dad's truck, the Blue Angel.  I immediately disliked the "apples" sign on the back though.  As luck would have it, I found an entire box of old Ford advertising plates as a yard sale this summer!  They were perfect.  For what, I didn't know at the time.  It wasn't until I started designing this card in my head today that the idea came to me to use one of the small oval advertising plates as the emblem on the tailgate of this truck.  I think my dad will secretly smile when he sees it.


 Thanks for another great trigger for inspiration!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome coloring and way to be inspired! This is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card! I love the coloring & that blue is so cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! My dad's a FORD guy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat card for your Dad! I would say the trigger's all here in your card! And the bg wood floor is fabulous. Nice job

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Dana! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete