Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Tuesday Trigger Sweater Weather Inspiration

So my good friends Tessa & Paula have talked about the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger so much that I finally decided to give it a whirl.  It didn't hurt that they were both selected as Trigger Targets this week too!  Congrats!

This week's inspiration?  A sweater from Anthropologie.
What really struck me about this sweater was the collar.  First, I really love the colors, but I also like the striation, and the fringe.  I like the texture of the fabric too.  So, here's my card!
I created my own fringe using paper and scissors, then added ribbon for texture and color.  I pleated the chocolate striped ribbon using glue dots - I was feeling too lazy to drag out the sewing machine and do it properly, so I cheated!

No card is complete without some bling, so I traced the "Hello" with my clear glaze glitter pen and added a rhinestone.
I also love the sunshiny yellow - just the perfect way to say "Hello!"
 Thanks for stopping by and checking out my Tuesday Trigger!


12 comments:

  1. I love it Dana! Thanks for the shout out too! Won't be long and you will be a Target I am sure~!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous Card!! love how you did the ribbon & the fringe!! Nice work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fantastic card- off to try this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, Dana! This is fabulous! Wow, wow, wow! You captured the essence of that sweater perfectly!

    Paper Crafts Go-to Gal
    Betsy Veldman

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW...Beautiful card. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty, Dana! Love your take on the Trigger!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, and love the way you have used the ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty ... love the ribbon! Great job and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Dana! What a moxie fab approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

    ReplyDelete