Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Christmastime's a comin', Christmastime's a coming...

Yeah, I know Halloween hasn't even passed.  Yeah, I've only seen hints of Christmas in commercials so far and just passing mentions of Thanksgiving.  Yeah, Black Friday hasn't hit either...Doesn't matter cause at my house IT'S CHRISTMAS!

I took a whole week off from work (well, 4 days because Monday was a federal holiday - whoo-hoo!) just so I can craft.  I mentioned before that I do two craft shows annually with my mom and so I am busy running down my list of all I want to make for this year's shows.  So far this week, I've put the finishing touches on my doodle ornaments, made some glass ornaments with various nativity scenes on them, created these cute little snowman hat ornaments, and dreamed up some vintage "glass" ornaments.  I'm particularly proud of these last two creations because I used upcycled materials!

For the snowman hat ornaments, my mom & dad cut a thick cardboard tube they had into 2" pieces.  I painted it black, inside & out, then used a large scallop punch for the bottom and a black circle punch for the top.  Finish it off with a little band of red paper, some pom-poms, a holly leaf cut with my Cricut, and some texture snow - WHAM!  You've got yourself a cute little snowman hat ornament.


For the vintage "glass" ornaments, I used $1 square acrylic stamp blocks I picked up at Joanns and beautiful poinsettia rub-ons from Michaels.  I then backed it with vintage music and added a wire hanger.  I think these are very elegant and I love them!


One last project to show you - I picked up these little wreaths at Hobby Lobby on a trip to the zoo and when I got them home, I realized they were perfect for an idea I already had in mind.  (Yeah, I have a thing for snowmen!)


I just added a few beads and a Merry Christmas banner.  Easy and so cute!

Well, that's all for now.  I've got more to finish to be ready for my shows and I have just 3 more days to finish it all up!  Let's hope I rock it out!

2 comments:

  1. I have a thing for snowmen, too! I love that one, but they are all nice!

    ReplyDelete