Monday, October 25, 2010

Blue Ribbon!

The State Fair ended yesterday and today was the day to pick up your contest entries.  I couldn't wait so I ran over there before lunchtime to pick up my cards and wreath.  As usual, it's a madhouse the day after as all of the vendors are trying to dismantle their booths and the crews are trying to clean up.  You have to wind your way through a myriad of trucks, trailers, cars, and heavy equipment to get where you are going.

But I made it to the Handcrafts & Hobbies building and got a parking spot right in front!  Ran in the building only to realize that I'd left all of my claim tickets at my desk.  Even so, the nice ladies there allowed me to pick up my items anyway.

So here are my winning entries!

First up, glitter Halloween card.  This one won 1st place in the Techniques category!  The acetate is from PK Glitz and the glitter is from an assortment of places.  I love black cats, so this seemed like the perfect card for me to make.
Second, a general card.  This one won 3rd place in the Embellishments category.  I love this color combination - Cherry Cobbler is my new favorite red.
Third and final winner, another Halloween card.  Another 3rd place, this time in the Layered category.  I borrowed this idea from Michele Zindorf and added a few of my own twists.  I love the wheel; it's one of my all-time favorites.
 I guess I should show you the one card that didn't win. I thought it was a decent Christmas card!
 There's always next year.  I've making good progress on the cards I plan to enter - if I can keep up with them between now and next year's fair.  That itself might be deserving of a blue ribbon.

1 comment:

  1. These are fabulous cards! Congrats on winning! I love the black cat! That one's my favorite!

    ReplyDelete