Thursday, October 7, 2010

Homemade Halloween!

My daughter is 3.  We are having her birthday party on Saturday, so I am busy getting the house decorated, cleaned, and ready for the party.  I saw this idea in the Family Fun magazine and decided that I just needed to do it!  I salvaged 2 discarded tomato cages from my parents, bought strands of orange lights and a small sheet of black Fun Foam, scrounged around for 2 old sheets I could use and went to town!  What in the world did I create?  THESE!


I love them!  They took maybe an hour to make but they turned out so cute!  I'm really pleased.  I just hope no one is really scared of them.

The large one has arms.


It was pretty simple to make arms.  I used 2 dowels and 2 tennis balls, but you could use balled up socks, as the instructions suggest.  I just didn't have any socks I was willing to sacrifice for the project.  I don't play tennis, so it was a small loss to use the tennis balls instead!

The other little guy is just a small tomato cage, no fancy arms or anything.  You could add arms, if you want.  I didn't because I like to think of him as "spook in training".  Well that, and I actually want people to have room to walk through the front door!


So this is just the beginning of our decorating.  I'll have to get down the Halloween box on Saturday morning and see what other devilish decorations I can scare up!

2 comments: