Thursday, November 25, 2010

PTI Blog Hop!

This is the first time I've participated in the PTI blog hop!  I'm excited!

I don't normally create tags so this challenge was hard for me.  I was inspired by what I've seen on Nichole's blog so I let my imagination go to work.  I think what I've created is simple, but I like all the colors and accents!
To create this little tag, I first used SU's Top Note die cut from PTI's Pure Poppy cardstock.  Then I layered a second Top Note die cut from PTI's new Christmas paper (LOVE!).  I trimmed around the edge of the patterned paper so the red would show, creating a nice border.

I added an accordion fold circle as a focal point, layered with a PTI sentiment.  The little snowflake inside mirrors the snowflakes on the paper.  The photo doesn't show it very well, but I use a little Smooch Spritz for extra pizazz on the sentiment.  Of course, everything needs more bling than you really think is necessary, so I edged the sentiment in silver glass glitter!
Speaking of bling, I just couldn't resist adding these fabulous rhinestone swirls to the opposite corner to balance out the weight of the accordion focal point.
Are they fabulous?!  I love how they mirror the silver glass glitter on the sentiment and the polka dots on the paper.

This challenge was a lot of fun and I had a great time going through my stash (and some of my older PTI sets) to make a creation I would normally not make!
Thanks for looking!  Leave a comment!

15 comments:

  1. So pretty, I love them! Thanks for sharing!

    hugs,
    Viola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the medalion and the glittered circle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my! So pretty! Love the sparkle and the bling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving the bling! Way to rock the PTI tag challenge.

    It's a good life!
    Terri E

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, very different with well placed bling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. gorgeous pleated medallion...I really need to make one of those...and yes, that paper is fabulous!! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your first hop! Your tag is lovely and very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just gorgeous for your first hop!!! Someone is going to be in "awe" when they see this on a package.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute! Love the medallion and bling!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is terrific, Dana! Love the shape and I'm in love with that paper, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a beautiful tag! Bling is a must during the holidays and your tag is gorgeous with it. Well done and welcome to the PTI hop!

    ReplyDelete