Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger - Winter White

Another fabulous Moxie Fab Trigger Tuesday challenge.  Who doesn't love winter white?  I have been searching for the perfect winter white wool coat this season but haven't found it yet.  I'll keep looking!
One word - fabulous!  The tone on tone, the intricacy of the flowers - it's just sheer perfection.  Here's my interpretation.
Inspired by the tone-on-tone and the flowers, I used off-white cardstock for my base.  I had a piece of taupe cardstock with a swirl pattern on it and I embossed that to use as a textural strip down the side.  I sprayed the embossed piece (heavily) with some Glitter Mist to add bling.
 I've never tried the rolled up paper flowers technique so I chose some pretty purples and gave it a whirl (from memory).  Not perfect, but I think a good first try.  I distressed the edges of the flowers a bit, added a pearl for the centers, and used a branch Martha Stewart punch to add a little sprig of green on either side of the flower trio.
I'm pleased with how it turned out.  It's very soft and quiet, which I think captures the essence of winter white.

Awesome challenge!  Thanks for stopping by!

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!! Everything about it is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Purple is my favorite color! I love that embossing folder! which one is it? I think I need it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like I said...FAB.U.LOUS! I love that folder and your flowers! LOVELY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so pretty! What is the name of the folder? I must have it. I want to make some flowers like those. So pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an unexpected surprise with the colored flowers So sweet and elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh woow your flower is adorable and your glitter made that embossing area looks so elegant...elegant card dear...good luck with the challenge...I just joining Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger Challenge too my card is number 49, maybe you would like to see my Blog...many thanks before :) hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so pretty! The embossed area is just amazing! Great job with the Winter White Tuesday Trigger! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jess! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete