Monday, January 17, 2011

Gray is the New Black Challenge!

Gray is the new Black.  I've known that for a while!  I wear gray all the time so this challenge is right up my alley.  Check out all the great entries over at Moxie Fab World and play along yourself!

Here's my take.
Using a piece of embossed gray cardstock as my base, I used white craft ink to highlight the embossed pattern.   I added a stripe of plum cardstock as a ribbon across the front added a rub-on sentiment and highlighted it with a row of small rhinestones.  For a focal point, I added a grouping of wired paper flowers, letting some of the green wire show and added loops of glitter cut from a floral embellishment.

I had a lot of fun with this challenge.  I hope you are inspired to play along!

4 comments:

  1. OH so elegant, Dana! I love how you highlighted that gorgeous embossed base and the flowers looped with glitter are just perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an unique styled card and very elegant. Love the deeper pink with the grey and the touches of sparkle. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dana! Thanks for entering the Gray is the New Black challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete