Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Trying a new challenge!

Have you seen the new PTI Make It Monday challenge?  They've posted a great video on Nichole's blog and given us PTI fans the chance to make a card to win a fabulous prize.  Since this is the first challenge, the prize is a $250 gift certificate.  Are you kidding me?  How awesome would that be to win?????  Pick me!  Pick me!

So here's my take:
I went through every PTI set I own and pulled out all the hello's, hi's, greeting's and threw in a friend or two sentiment for good measure.   At work we call these word collages "wordles" - I don't if that's just a work thing or an industry term.  Whichever, it was cool to create my own.

I used PTI's Spring Moss cardstock, SU's Early Espresso and Very Vanilla cardstock, along with some Martha Stewart chocolate baker's twine.  The olive buttons and small pearls are from SU, as is one of the sentiments (a rub-on; the remainder are stamped).  I just tried to keep it simple.  I love the way it turned out and I plan to send it to one of my coworkers who has terminal cancer.  I think it will brighten her day.

I'm also entering this in this week's Moxie Fab challenge.  Check it out!
It's all about the chocolate!

Yum!

Thanks for looking!

3 comments:

  1. What a FABULOUS card for the Make it Monday Challenge! You managed to get just the right sentiments and in different styles and sentiments and then the LO is perfect!! I LOVE IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do I never proof read BEFORE I post? Well, I hope you got what I meant!!! SRY

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Dana! What a fun approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for joining in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete